Monday 17 March 2014

Battle of the Make-up Removers








So when I ran out of my trusty Bioderma I picked up last summer in Paris, I made it my mission to track down something with the same effect in the UK. Although Bioderma has become easier to get hold of in the UK, it is more expensive here. I picked up two 500ml bottles from a pharmacy in Paris for around 13 Euros. So I've been trying a few make-up removers recently and here are my thoughts. 




We'll start off with the holy grail that is Bioderma, a beauty bloggers favourite and a formula which had many brands trying to jump on the bandwagon too. This a crealine solution which is a cleansing make-up remover, this particular solution is suitable for sensitive skin and can be used over the eyes. In the pharamacy in Paris I bought this from they had a few different types of formulas, with different benefits. This formula feels as though you are just using water, you apply this to a cotton pad and with one swipe it is meant to remove the most stubborn of make-up, dissolving it. This is a great product and is worth the hype, but I wanted to see what our high street brands had to offer too... 




I've been going back to basics recently and using a few products from simple, they are perfect for my skin because they contain no perfume. I gave the 'Kind to Eyes, Eye make-up remover' a go. This is an oil free make-up remover, which claims to remove even waterproof mascara. I apply this to a cotton pad and I use this to remove all my make-up, I like the idea of one make-up remover which is a good all rounder. This is a very affordable make-up remover, however at only 125ml a bottle I found myself going through a bottle quite quickly. Also, I don't think this removes all eye make-up, and it wasn't a one sweep trick like bioderma. 



Next I thought I would try the two part solution make-up removers that some brands introduced. I picked up Loreal's 'Absolute Make-up Remover, Eye and Lip'. This two part solution has a blue layer which is enriched in essential oils aimed at dissolving make-up, and the clear layer is a soft lotion aimed at leaving the skin feeling fresh. Before placing this on a cotton pad you have to shake the bottle so the layers mix. This claims to be a non greasy texture. However, once I removed my make-up it left a film over the skin and didn't leave my skin feeling fresh at all. I always cleanse after removing make-up, but this just wasn't a make-up remover I'll pick up again in a hurry. 



So only the other day I got my hands on the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. This is a recent release, but I've been looking for it in a few boots stores and I finally found it. At a first glance, it very much resembles Bioderma pink lid, big clear bottle, so I thought I had to give this a go. It comes in a 400ml bottle which as you can see says will be around 200 uses. This is a all rounder make-up remover, with no perfume. Again this a great one for sensitive skin! I've only used this a couple of times, but I am amazed. This acts a make-up remover and cleanser, leaving no trace once you have removed your make-up. I apply this to a cotton pad and swipe away make-up, it takes away eye make-up perfectly, definitely as good as Bioderma in my opinion. This will give Bioderma a run for their money and I don't think there has been enough hype about this product in the blogging world! 

Which are your favourite make-up removers? 

Have you tried any of these? 

Thanks for reading, 

Rhiannon 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment