Wednesday 8 May 2013

YSL BB Cream



YSL Clear BB Cream Swatched 


YSL Clear BB Cream Blended 


I was in London for my birthday last month and I popped into John Lewis on Oxford Street. So of course this means I had to visit the beauty hall. Last time I went to London with a friend, I went to the YSL beauty counter and the gentleman at the counter showed me the YSL Touché Foundation. He did my makeup so amazingly, including blusher and highlight, so I thought I would see if he was there again. Just to my luck he was! I was browsing the YSL counter and I was planning on picking up a tinted moitsuriser for summer, however once I got speaking to the gentleman I realised they don't do them. Then he brought to my attention the YSL BB Cream Skintone Perfection. When he showed me how it looks on his hand I thought the colour was completely wrong for me and that it really wasn't what I was after. He then applied the cream to my face and my boyfriend looked at me as if to say, 'oh dear god no!' which made me panic! However when I looked into the mirror I fell in love with this product! The light formula when blended in with a makeup brush (I use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush) makes the skin appear flawless, correcting any imperfections on the skin adding moisture and radiance. It also contains an SPF 25, which makes it a perfect base for the summer. Being a BB cream it is a very light coverage, but my boyfriend commented on how natural it looked and how it appreared as though I had no makeup on at all, which is always a plus! However it is also a suitable primer for foundation as if prepares the skin and evens out your complexion. The YSL BB Cream comes in three shades clear (which I purchased), medium and dark. The gentleman did inform me that this is infact exclusive to John Lewis which makes it all the more special in my eyes. Although this product is a little pricey I think it is worth every penny, and I shall be using this throughout summer for a natural and radiant base. 


Thanks for reading, 

Rhiannon 

x

6 comments:

  1. I love YSL products :) This one sound great :)
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review :) x

    http://paintmebeautiful0.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh this looks promising. we definitely need to check it out. it would be great for everyday wear and on days where you don't feel like having anyhting too heavy on!!

    www.mkstyleramlbings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks lovely, need to try it out after this!
    been looking for a decent BB cream for ages!

    jitterbug1945.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete