Tuesday 16 July 2013

Spell it Out: Topshop vs. Primark


I love statement necklaces at the moment, and recently I discovered Topshop's 'Make your own'  necklace at Topshop where you create your own necklace with the letters and charms provided. However for £13.50 I wasn't convinced it was worth the price. Don't get me wrong I love Topshop jewellery, but I was sure I might be able to find a cheaper alternative and that is exactly what I did... 

 Topshop's 'Make your Own' necklace  comes with a gold and silver chain with letters and charms in mixed metals. I'm not completely sold on the mixed metals, but I love the inclusion of charms to add something different to the necklace.  From looking on the website this hasn't received the best review, stating that the letters and charms were difficult to get on and off.


Then I strolled into Primark the other day and came across this bargain... 








 For just £2.50 this is an absolute steal and £11 cheaper than Topshop's! Available in both gold and silver this comes with 34 letter charms which can be used to create your own phrased necklace on this two tiered chain. I picked up the gold version as I wear more gold accessories and jewellery, but to be honest for £2.50 I could pick up the silver one too! I love that this, compared to the Topshop version, has the letters all in gold to match the chain. I also much prefer the style of letters of this Primark dupe as they are less chunky and more elegant, now I just have to figure out what to write on my necklace!


Thanks for reading, 

Rhiannon 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment