Monday 1 July 2013

June Beauty and Skincare Favourites








Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer, Rimmel Scandaleyes
Eyeliner in Nude and Bourjois Cream Blush 02 (Swatched then blended) 




I have been using this cleanser since the end of last year and I thought I should give it the recognition it deserves. At first it was a bit strange using it, you apply the cleanser onto a dry face after removing makeup and then massage in, with the muslin cloths provided you run them under hot water and polish away the cleanser. I use this at least once a day in the evening, but I often use it in the morning too. 


Now I know this has been raved about in the beauty blogger world, and when I first used it I really did not get what all the fuss was about. However, I have made this an evening skincare staple applying a thin layer over my face before bed and now I can see why it is so loved. It is a correcting and unclogging gel like formula which clears skin. It is one of those products where you may feel as though your skin gets worse before it gets better, but you have to commit to this using it daily to see the effects. My skin has never been bad but this allows my skin to be more even. 


Samantha Chapman's range of brushes Real Techniques are brushes I love! They are available in boots and online and are really affordable and excellent quality. I have the Expert Face Brush, Blush Brush, Setting Brush and Shading Brush. These are perfect for making makeup look flawless. The brushes are synthetic and colour coded to relate to aspects of your makeup. 


I have had this BB cream since my birthday in April and with the summer weather we are starting to see I have been wearing this with just a small amount of concealer. I use my Expert Face Brush to buff a small amount into the skin and it appears flawless evening out my skin tone, but it appears as though I am not wearing anything. I have a full review of this which is available here


I purchased this a few months ago, after everyone was raving about the foundation, I thought I would give this concealer a go. This is packed with vitamins and peptides to help brighten and illuminate the under eye area. I personally do not use this on any blemishes as the illuminating aspect makes me sceptical that this is not an area you want to highlight. 


Rimmel have brought out some amazing products recently and they are becoming my favourite high street beauty brand. Their scandaleyes eyeliners are great and very pigmented, I use this nude one in my waterline to brighten my eye and it works amazingly, I would definitely recommend it! 


This is another beauty product which many beauty bloggers went crazy for! I can certainly see why this gorgeous peach/pink shade (O2) is an easily blendable cream blush which is perfect to fit in with the dewy summer makeup. Sometimes I find that powder blushes can look very unnatural and this is a perfect alternative. You do not need hardly any as it is very pigmented and blends beautifully into the skin. 


What are your June beauty and skincare favourites? 


Thanks for reading, 

Rhiannon 

x


No comments:

Post a Comment