Sunday 8 June 2014

Serene Beauty



A couple of weeks ago I was invited by Bethaney to choose a couple of treatments* to enjoy at her new beauty salon Serene Beauty, which opened on May 1st. The salon is based in Upper Caldecote in Bedfordshire, the treatment room is decorated beautifully with dark purple linens and a very open space, which is lovely and relaxing. 




After having a look at the treatment list I chose to have a manicure and the Thai luxury facial. 
Unfortunately due to my job I can't have anything fancy with a manicure, so I went for a clear polish.  However, Serene also offer gels manicures and nail art! I had a my nails shaped and cuticles tided up before having a scrub placed on my hands and they were then wrapped in hot towels for a minute or so. Next I received a hand massage before the polish was applied. Serene Beauty use Morgan Taylor polish, which is a brand I had not previously heard of. 

Some of the products used in the manicure. 

My next treatment was the Thai luxury facial. This again was using Thai products, I have sensitive skin and have previously only had Dermalogica facials. I always worry about using new products on my skin. I now have a skin care routine I am loyal to each night, and the idea of disrupting that with a new product worries me. However, Bethaney kindly offered I tried one of the products on my skin during the manicure, to test. Thankfully my skin reacted fine to the products. The Thai range is suitable for sensitive skin. The facial began by removing my makeup first, then a double cleanse, followed by a toner, exfoliant massage with Thai dumplings, hot towels were then placed over my face, face mask then lastly moisturiser and eye balm. This treatment really was lovely! I felt very relaxed and almost drifted off to sleep. My skin was left feeling clean, fresh and energised. I would really recommend this treatment. 

Products used in the Luxury Thai Facial


Overall I enjoyed both of my treatments at Serene Beauty, it is a lovely salon and is definitely worth a visit. Check out their Facebook page for all the treatments they offer;


https://www.facebook.com/serenebeautybw?fref=ts


Thanks for reading, 

Rhiannon 

x


No comments:

Post a Comment