Wednesday 28 November 2012

Make Up Empties




Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Radient Touch No. 1- This is a loved highlighter across the beauty industry. It is a click and apply style, with a brush at the end, a key product to brighten up your complexion and I feel is best used under the eye for any dark circles. It also works well to contour the face. I used this combined with the YSL Touch Éclat foundation and they both work so well together. This product is one I was introduced to by my Mum when I started to wear more makeup, and I'm so glad she did as this is now a staple in my makeup bag. I do find it is very important to moisturise well before applying, as a few times I have noticed it can become a little chalky. However, this is a makeup product I would highly recommend as they have a variety of shades to suit every complexion, and it's a product everyone should have in their makeup bag as it is so versatile. 

Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils (Luxurious Mascara for a False Lash Effect No. 1)- This is a little more expensive than I would normally pay for a mascara, but luckily with my job I get discount at John Lewis so it makes it a little more affordable. This mascara is a more everyday mascara in comparison to other YSL ones, it has such a lovely finish and is best used after curling the eyelashes. However, it is really important you shut the tube firmly in between uses as if not (which I learnt the hard way) the formula drys out very quickly. This mascara can be layered for a more evening and volumising look, and especially on the outer lashes to create a lovely shape. 

Rimmel London Glam Eyes Professional Liquid Eyeliner in Black Glamour- This eyeliner is one I have used for a couple of years now. I love to use liquid eyeliner everyday and I like a pure black finish. I have tried the Barry M liquid eyeliner in the past, but I am not very keen on the applicator. This eyeliner has a thin brush which can take a bit of practice to get the perfect line, but the colour is very good. I always find I apply one thin line, to get the shape of how I want my eyeliner to look, then I add another thin coat to get the colour I require. This eyeliner is perfect for creating the flick off the end of the lash line too, and it lasts throughout the day and doesn't budge. I always am tempted to try out a higher end eyeliner, but I worry that they may disappoint me as Rimmel's price point and combination of the quality of this product make it an all round great buy. 


Thanks for Reading, 


Rhiannon 

x



3 comments:

  1. I can't get enough of YSL products, they do a lipstick/gloss in a shimmery pink that I love! Wish they weren't so pricey though :) x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the YSL touche eclait. I use it to cover blemishes and it looks amazing.

    http://arrceebee.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/the-one-with-nailpolish.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the foundation too and its so lovely! I haven't been looking at their lipsticks/gloss recently so I'll have to have a look :)

    ReplyDelete